Friday, June 12, 2009

Spider Bite

Sunday I was working out in the yard all day and on Monday evening I started breaking out in a rash which I believed was poison oak or ivy and Tuesday morning I woke up with my face swollen very huge and the back of my leg hurting. My mother in law had to go do something so she could not watch Stormie so I called my mammaw to come so I could go get a shot to help with the poison ivy/ oak. She was not there but about 10 minutes and I told her I felt like I was about to black out and I sat down at my dining room table and the next thing I remember was hearing her say she is on the floor and I can not get her to come to. Then I started coming to and she called 9-1-1 back and we went to the ER. I kept feeling like I was going to pass out.
They started and IV on me and started drawing blood for lab work. They did an EKG and took urine to make sure I was not pregnant or anything else wrong in urine. They found out I had a very bad Kidney Infection which I did not even know I had. The doctor wanted to admit and he did and he wanted to keep me over night but I told him the day was young and he could do what he needed to right then. So they did a sugar test and gave me a drip of antibiotics and sent me home. Telling me Dr. Larking wanted to see me the next day.
On Wed I did not go to the doc but by wed night my leg was killing where I had been bit by something and I could hardly sleep. On Thursday morning I woke up with my leg swole a whole lot more and it was killing me and I could not hardly walk. So I went to the doctor and he did more blood work and urine samples. He said my kidney infection was a whole lot better from Tues and that I had been bit by a spider twice which he said had cause the rash that covered my entire body which made my face swell and made me get the kidney infection so he gave me a cortozon shot and said if I was not better within two days to call him. Well this morning I woke up and my leg is almost back to normal size and I am feeling a little bit better.
He said I was not bit by a brown recluse because I would of felt it and it would of been rottening my skin. We do not know what kind it was but it was pretty bad and I had a very bad reaction to it.
Thank goodness my grandma was there when she was because its no telling how long I would of been passed out for.
I will be glad to be back to normal and I hope this never happens again.
And yes I know I look horrible in this picture but my face had gone down some since earlier that morning.
This was taken from my cell phone while in ER!

2 comments:

Mallory said...

oh my gosh, that is horrible what happened! i can't believe a spider can do so much damage! yes, thank GOD your grandma was there for you and stormie! glad you're healing now =)

Avery's Mommy said...

OMG you poor thing. Hope you feel better soon! I seriously wish they could put something in the air to kill all spiders!

Related Posts with Thumbnails